more loose ends

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 9 08:07:29 PDT 1998

greetings-just reading some old posts i never got to(it' becoming obvious that i will die in an unpainted house full of boxes). perlman's punctuated equilibrium sounds interesting. perhaps we will understand mass psycology someday and it will come from that Mandlebroc's set (sp?) math stuff.

i loved this who wrote it? "life travels upward in spirals..." that idea and the math-physics stuff pretty much defines my spiritual ground and boundless optimimism, most times.

doug-can i get your program on net? we only have right wing radio in atlanta except on community station. is it possible that snooze-lands Brill's Content was funded because those good folks at Extra! are making headway?

another reason we need a sustained market dip-to snatch soc sec from the jaws of the hardest working man in show biz-p.r. rightwing.

thanks chris buford for info on hong kong, kind of a universal, automatically triggered social economic floor. maybe not perfect but not bad.

speaking of this marxist religion stuff. it sometimes reminds me of listening to conservative and mainstream religous debates that i overhear while feeding these folks. i've heard some amazing things on the job, like when the Dioxin Taskforce was at the Sheraton and the whole meeting was about what to do if greenpeace showed up and how in five years no one would remember what dioxin was. around '91

i sort of agree with mark jones admirably dramatic(the antidote to limbaugh,etc.) thoughts on china-spiral of crisis-dragging capitalistic world to chaos, disintergration and war. it could happen. also rebirth. lots of profits in war and chaos. as i've mentioned i feel a conflict with a real power could

develop in next decade or two unless the european right gets a lot stronger, or the american left. all these global warlords so intimately involved in each others piggybanks is bound to cause trouble.

i'm with louis on things to do instead of waiting for the paris commune. more stuff:

*work for paul wellstone, iknow there are critisisms but that's no excuse. wellstone will give exposure to new kinds of expectations. remember we're competing with the shopping channel. and if that gives the election to a republican that's less frightening to me than gore shifting the definitions even farther to the right. if we're lucky we'll get gingrich, having observed he and his old southside buddies at the Pilgreen's steakhouse in Jonesboro, i think his entertainment value would far outweight the damage he would do. especially when compared to the Gore

* talk to people who don't care about politics in passing. because i often mention my political leanings i have learned

many things. like people who greatly admire ralph nader are clueless about his politics.

also i would like to say that when i say the left needs to repeat simple things repeatedly, i am not refering to the working class. as someone who works and eats with house maids and busboys i have found that these are not the folks who need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

* we can remember the immortal words of The Firesign Theater--"We're all Bozo's on this bus."

"The achievements of condensation can be quite extraordinary."--another great idea to adopt out of context!

alec-i think i know what you mean. it's like when i said to a friend of mine who's about to bankrupt himself to remove body parts that maybe he was to readily adopting someone else's definition of what it meant to be a woman, or a man.

doug-thanks for the scoop on OWO. i thought the cats were acting funny. i wonder if it will lead to a world of less scanner abuse.

carol-thanks for pointing out the WSJ spin on SS. it reminds me of the dance the nytimes and the clinton administation did to derail support for a SINGLE-PAYER HEATHCARE SYSTEM. what conspiracy theory about dukakis? sometimes i almost think that clinton and hart are/were moles who've been working for the reactionary forces since before the mcgovern campaign which still hurts me. these thoughts are all part of my TO STUPID TO BE TRUE school of thought.

to brad de long (if indeed that is your real name) while i agree that the needlessly opaque language of authors pisses me off i still contend that i saw god(for lack of a better word) on a pbs show about fractuls.

Perhaps the CP became overly influenced by the Soviets for the same reason it's tough to build the left. People need to make a living.

The "brutality,arrogance, callousness, and opportunism" that wrecked the the USSR are worshiped in the US. On the left, charm and cunning don't hurt but we're saved in part by the lack of money in being left. In general this attitude seems to filter down. People higher and higher up the capitalist food chain are spending more time on their carreers and less, more annoyed time doing their jobs. I remember when i had a few odd experiences of employees in supermarkets,k-mart and such, just giving me stuff and i thought that corps were paying for their cost cutting. Just imagine what's going on higher up. Sorry i'm rambling but all this stuff seems so connected. duh. paula