Soft privatization

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 9 11:55:21 PDT 1998

Hello everyone,

Jessica writes Aug. 9,98: "That's pretty condescending."

To this statement I wrote in response to her posting about Social Security:

Doyle "> I hear the cry of despair in your words, that we would do things with
> our own interests upper most the devil with capitalist benchmarks, but
> these subjects are complicated."

Doyle I liked the feeling in your desire to criticize the use of efficiency in regard to social programs like Social Security. However, I attempted to reach across to you based upon sentiment, instead of prinicipled agreement. You and I don't agree about the principle of efficiency and how it undermines or supports the left. I respect your opinion. But whatever else I have no basis to use my liking of the feeling I sense in your words to make a condescending reply to your serious remarks. Thanks for the correction to my attitude. regards, Doyle Saylor