stox -- and the probability of resistance

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Tue Aug 11 16:50:08 PDT 1998

Re "one thing about the stock market crashing -- it would spell a death knell to privatization of social security."

That's what I surmised the other day, but Doug said the always wily establishment would force privatization on through to pump the market up again. I have no doubt about the wiles of the powers that be, but I think this would an impossibly tricky maneuver to pull off in the face of a great panic -- which indeed just might be on the horizon.

Carl Remick

-----Original Message----- From: MScoleman at aol.com [mailto:MScoleman at aol.com] Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 1998 7:18 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: stox -- and the probability of resistance

one thing about the stock market crashing -- it would spell a death knell to privatization of social security, maybe. maggie coleman mscoleman at aol.com