Soft privatization/efficiency

Jessica nsnerep at nscad.ns.ca
Tue Aug 11 18:52:37 PDT 1998

This thread seems to have become a tactical debate. Should we a) refuse to allow private interests to define efficiency in terms of dollars spent, instead defining it in terms of social responsibility fulfilled; or should we b) cede efficiency as lost teritory and fight instead for criteria other than efficiency to occupy the bottom line?

I admit to using both tactics, depending on the context/situation. Talking to government, I use a); talking to students and workers I use b). Talknig to conservative student union executives I use a); talking to my family I use b.

Acting effectively with a minumum of waste or effort. Guess in the end it sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks for everyone's time on this thread

Jess