Soft privatization

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Wed Aug 12 08:11:33 PDT 1998

Re "The Cato Institute was started by Herman Kahn, a thoroughly malignant figure."

A malignant figure, and a gross one, too. I always referred to H.K. as the nation's most vigorous exponent -- and manifestation -- of unlimited growth.

Carl Remick

-----Original Message----- From: Louis Proyect [mailto:lnp3 at panix.com] Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 1998 10:38 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: Soft privatization

Max Sawicky wrote:

>>> A really un-American group is this anarchist Cato Institute; they
are a
>real bunch of crazed potential terrorists. I wonder if they have any
>connections in Africa.
>> . . .
>
>I've had numerous dealings with a number
>of Cato folks. I've yet to meet one that
>would hurt a fly.
>
>Their philosophy is libertarian. They
>oppose most any sort of state incursion
>on individual life. Now you could say
>the harm to people resulting from the
>lack of a public sector is violence,
>but that's a far cry from 'terrorism.'

The Cato Institute was started by Herman Kahn, a thoroughly malignant figure. Their most noxious role is in defending the right of the corporation to pollute the environment and sell dangerous products in the name of the free market. Their web site is at www.cato.org.

Louis Proyect