Cassidy in New Yorker

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Sat Aug 15 10:44:00 PDT 1998

I probably forgive you Doug, but if the $120bn which the IMF alone according to the back of my envelope has doled out this year to Indonesia, Korea, Thailand, Russia etc doesn't count as real money, then what does? You're just proving my point actually.

Mark PS $18bn equates to one month's average salary to every Russian man woman and child, or 4% of this year's Russian GDP, or, to quote you, 'the whole Russian stock market is now capitalized at something like $18 billion', so it's not THAT risible.