Malthus and Darwin

WolfSave at aol.com WolfSave at aol.com
Sat Aug 15 20:29:48 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/15/98 8:27:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time, fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu writes:

<< > It's a shame that Kropotkin's Mutual Aid never received or doesn't receive more

> attention or mention in these regards. His work can be considered a counter or

> critique if not a refuation of SOCIAL Darwinism and at the same time in the

> tradition of Darwin himself.

I like Kropotkin. For those who are interested in such things, there's a

book on Soviet Evolutionary theory that's kind of interesting. Can't

remember the author, but the title is *Darwin without Malthus*. >> Murry Bookchin comments on this in some detail, although I cannot at this time recall where. Bookchin, as you'll recall, has a real dislike for anything like Social Darwinism, and a real liking for Kropotkin, Godwin, and other anarchists.