Cato Ad Infinito

Sun Aug 16 14:55:57 PDT 1998

> Imagine for a moment that rewriting corporate charter law was the
> burning issue of the day, instead of, say, abortion and homosexual
> rights. We'd be carrying on INTERNAL arguments with militia members for
> cryring out loud!
>
> And since they're PRECISELY the class of people all good Marxists OUGHT
> to be organizing with, doesn't this indicate there's something here
> worth thinking about more carefully?

I think I follow Paul bizarre's logic here.

1. plutocracy is the greatest evil 2. businesses have found tantalizing possibilities to exploit the use of "citizen" and "person" in the 14th Amendment and justified their reign it its name (see Scott Bowman, The Modern Corporation and American Political Thought, p. 54) 3. only the Militias want to abolish the 14th Amendment, no mind that their reasons may be a wee-bit racist 4. Therefore, the militias are the best instrument to fight the greatest evil of our times. (sure we may have to sacrifice a few darkies in this battle against plutocracy but it's a price Paul is willing to pay.)

Plus, good Marxists, by only keeping the company of the militias, won't have to deal with homosexuals, abortion rights activists and minorities. Hell, maybe we should join the Klan; haven't they launched a powerful campaign to get rid of the 14th Amendment in Mississippi.

So, Paul, that's what we get in the name of reason and democracy?

best, rakesh