Mumia's guilt

james withrow withrow21 at webtv.net
Mon Aug 17 09:24:08 PDT 1998

Thanks Max for the invite, but, uh, I am a vegetarian. My favorite Clint Eastwood movie is Tightrope, but then anything set in New Orleans-- like Walker Percy's The Moviegoer or the life of Andre Codrescu is all right by me.

I'm really at a loss for interesting things to read right now. Would you want to recommend a left-con book or two?

And as for Mumia's supporters on this group, all I can say is that your reluctance to explain what he was doing walking toward a policeman with a gun in his hand makes me really question your values. Frankly, I'd like to have an explanantion for Mumia's behavior that night. I'd like to beelieve that he's innocent. His silence over the years actually makes me respect him more as a person (he may be a murderer, but he's not a liar-- and if he was going to the aid of his brother, that's a pretty good excuse); I just can't get past his obvious guilt.

-------------- next part -------------- An embedded message was scrubbed... From: sawicky at epinet.org (Max Sawicky) Subject: RE: Mumia's guilt Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:10:37 -0400 Size: 2155 URL: <../attachments/19980817/e5b17faa/attachment.eml>