the politics of food ( was: Re: Mumia's guilt)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Mon Aug 17 19:00:18 PDT 1998

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Brad De Long wrote:

> >Doug Henwood wrote:

> >> Max, hearts of palm is so 70s. Or is Washington just in its own time warp?
> >>
> >> Doug
> >
> >I like arugula, and I love hearts of palm. And if I get any class
> >sneers, I'll sneer right back.
>
> Ummm... Perhaps someone should change the subject line? This is a little
> too Marie Antoinette...
>

> Brad DeLong

But Brad, you're in Berkeley, the capital of foofy food masquerading as progressive politics. I find it hard to believe that something as simple as arugula would seem Marie Antoinettesque to you. You can get organic baby greens even in the *Lucky's* in Berkeley, fer chrissake.

At the very least, here's a new subject line for you.

frances