scanners

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Aug 19 16:06:13 PDT 1998

My suggestion is to get one that connects to a parallel port rather than one that uses a SCSI card. The difference in speed is inconsequential and who wants to open up a computer and stick a card in. The other thing is if you are using it mostly for text as I do, you don't need anything fancy. Get something for under $100. I have a Plustek that I like and which I paid $80 for. The most important thing is to get good software. I'm using Textbridge that I can send you a copy of. Just don't tell Don Roper.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)