Brother can you spare a dime?

Patrick Ellis patricke at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 20 14:24:06 PDT 1998

I just got back from vacation and pretty much missed the "Global Melodrama" thread. But even in going back & reading it, it didn't seem to come to much of a conclusion about where you all think we're headed, at least from my layman's understanding of economics. So the question this 99% lurker would like to put out to this group is: Do you think we are indeed looking at the real possibility of a '30s-style depression, as so many pundits are blithely announcing?

thanks, Patrick Ellis