Fictitious forms of capital? (fwd)

Patrick Bond pbond at wn.apc.org
Thu Aug 20 14:29:02 PDT 1998

In my neck of the woods (marxian geography) we've used the term to mean a paper representation of capital, thus including real estate titles and the like. Thus they don't necessarily have to generate an income stream or appreciate in value -- lots of properties in Jo'burg certainly aren't doing either.