the fatwa

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 21 05:34:48 PDT 1998

John Taber:
>However, all that notwithstanding, some of you need to get out
>there and do battle in the existing newsgroups. It will be
>battle, but the alternative is to become isolated amongst
>yourselves. When the ignorance and idiocy get you down,
>you can find comfort in the mailing list.

A point well taken. My personal assignment is to do battle on the Trotsky newsgroup, which is an Augean stable. Right now I am locked in conflict with a CIA troll and a holocaust revisionist troll. The CIA troll bases his arguments on Rudy Rummels books on "democide." He says that 62 million Russians have been victims of Communist "democide" since 1917. This includes people who lacked sufficient food to eat as a result of famine. The British, by the same token, are not responsible for the death of more than 4 million Bengalis during WWII as a result of their grain being diverted to British troops. Why not? The British did not mean to kill anybody, but Stalin did.

The other troll is really grotesque. On most issues he seems reasonable, but on the question of the Judeocide he bases himself on the revisionists such as Faurisson. I have found www.nizkor.org to be a useful storehouse of information to take on such scum. Check it out.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)