la revolution

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Aug 21 09:56:08 PDT 1998

Mark Jones wrote:

>These are just rhetorical questions, yes? Or do you believe that workers are
>wrong to struggle for their jobs, on the Murdoch-press editorialising line
>that trade unions are bad for jobs and we need 'deregulation' etc? That
>what you
>think?

No they're certainly not wrong to fight for their jobs. What I'm questioning is the attitude that action is the most important thing of all. If the actions aren't part of an analysis and strategy, and if the actors aren't linked to other actors outside the factory, then they're likely to flame out. Wouldn't Lenin agree?

Doug