Reform of IMF

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Aug 22 13:49:52 PDT 1998

Max Sawicky:
>Now our ecological consciousness brings us so far as to
>oppose development in the Third World. It that's the
>content of "revolutionary things," then I'm more than
>agnostic.

Max, I believe you are using the wrong word here. "Development" is what goes on in countries that are free from foreign domination. What goes on in most third world countries is what is called "exploitation." For example, when oil companies drill in Ecuador, ship the profits off to Wall Street banks, and leave the country a mess that is useless for fishing or farming, this is not development. It is exploitation.

Louis Proyect (http://www.panix.com/~lnp3/marxism.html)