la revolution

Paul Henry Rosenberg rad at gte.net
Sat Aug 22 14:49:21 PDT 1998

Max Sawicky wrote:

> In either case, I'm not crazy about the idea.
> The system (benefits AND taxes) is already
> progressive. Taking the cap off would make
> it more progressive, which I have nothing
> against in principle. Right now, however,
> the system is under major attack, in part
> BECAUSE it is progressive. Thus now is not
> the best time to push for more progressivity.
> Defense of the basic premises of the program,
> including its progressivity, is the priority
> from my standpoint.

The system's being attacked from the right. A basic element of their attack is lack of money. Removing the cap brings in MORE money. WHY NOT TALK ABOUT IT??? What BETTER time could there possibly be to talk about it??? In fact, we should be SHOVING IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!

-- Paul Rosenberg Reason and Democracy rad at gte.net

"Let's put the information BACK into the information age!"