Khartoum sweet factory hit.

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Sat Aug 22 14:52:29 PDT 1998

Chris Burford wrote:

> If the US justice system can grind so small as to examine the
> truthfulness of presidential statements about what he does with his
> semen, will it support honest answers to these questions?
>
> Chris Burford

That "justice system" is interested in Bill Clinton's semen only for its publicity value in partisan campaign politics, in a country where political ideas are trivialized down to the Jerry Springer level. "Honesty" and "truthfulness" have nothing at all to do with the Kenneth Stare sex inquisition, all that's important is appearances - it's got to make Jean Baudrillard too happy to see his theory displayed so much larger than real life, months on end.

But for it to benefit the Republicans to question a Democrat President's actions on behalf of U.S. imperialism, you'd have to envision a voter saying, "Dear me, that Clinton sure plays fast and loose with the lives of foreign civilians. Imagine walking down the street, minding your own business, and having a Tomahawk cruise missile fall out of the sky onto your head.* Why, that makes Clinton a terrorist, doesn't it! Next election, I'll vote Republican instead, because as we all know, (hang on to your hat, reader) Republicans are firmly, traditionally opposed to U.S. imperialism."

So don't worry, nobody inside the Beltway is going to indict anybody over a few blown-to-bits Sudanese civilians.

Oops, I guess you already knew all that, I missed the implied smiley in your post.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net

(* Here I'm talking about Khartoum; fuck them kill-crazy bastards in that terrorist training camp.)