la revolution

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 22 15:51:29 PDT 1998

Hey, all you young beepster-duds listen up.

Back in my day, the drug dealers didn't have beepers. They stayed home and answered the damn phone like God intended. That's why she made Fooz Ball machines for home use.

Back then we had real drugs, not these shit drugs like you have today. And pretty much everybody did a little dealing and no one carried guns.

Then one day the evil King Nixon, along with who can imagine what evil,unspeakable, loathsome forces, decided to have a drug war. Soon there was a stifling blockade around the coast of Florida.

Pretty soon the beautiful rainbow of weed was no more. The plentiful diversity of hash-hish disappeared. Gone, alas was the aromatic golden dream, the rhapsody of red-bud, gone and replaced by animal tranquilizers and this new really fun stuff called cocaine. Suddenly it was everywhere, and then there were guns. And huge profits, and beepers.

But The Big Cigars in the Sky were not yet satisfied. Market share, though initially respectable, flattened out.

Lo, it was told unto the War Lords-
>Verily we say unto you, you shall let no hypo-dermic needle
stand between our devotees and our profits.

And it came to pass that Crack was sent across the land and the great gate-keepers, Cost and Inconvenience came crashing down.

And even as the Raw Nastiness of the quality trade-off decended upon the land, the guns and the beepers multipled, and the Big Cigars looked upon all they had done and said: "This is good."

The blacks live in the projects (recently adorned with a new lovely square-steel-pole fence, a creamy beige, maybe 10' high) and so they get the brunt of the busts, since they can't just leave. "The materialist doctrine concerning the changing of circumstances and upbringing forgets that circumstances are changed by men and that the educator must himself be educated. This doctrine must, therefore, divide society into two parts, one of which is superior to society.

"The coincidence of the changing of circumstances and of human activity or self-changing can be conceived and rationally understood only as revolutionary practice."

Ted Winslow York University Toronto

Well for one, the workers should control the conditions of their labor, not a bunch of elite technocrats.