Query: The Political Economy of the Beeper

alec ramsdell a_ramsdell at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 23 10:38:23 PDT 1998

I couldn't sleep last night, staring at the ceiling
>wondering about the beepers. I woke up this morning, my first thought
was
>about the beepers.

Zounds, what a nightmare. That's some internalized surveillance you got doggin you.

Now I can actually start writing without the fear that
>the paper is going to crumble. I'd like to use your anecdotes in the
>paper, if you don't mind. I can use "anonymous" or a fake name, if you
>wish.

Sure. You could use my street name, which was . . . or even better, how about either Casper, or Peter Orlac. You decide.

>Any other anecdotes would be welcome.

Not much right now, though I would just add again that paging seems to me the most common method of contacting one's connect. Sometimes I see some of my former acquaintances in the Mission. Maybe I could overhear something there.

-Alec