marketing marches onward!

James Devine jdevine at popmail.lmu.edu
Sun Aug 23 11:59:55 PDT 1998

>From today's PARADE magazine:

>"Bobby": The Little Biker Baby.

>Hand-painted fully poseable porcelain doll. Complete with leather vest,
bandana, and keys.

>Available only from The Franklin Mint. Officially Licensed by Harley
Davidson.

>He's Mommy and Daddy's little daredevil in diapers. Born with spirit of
the open road -- the spirit of the Harley-Davison (R) rider! ...

> Crafted in hand-painted porcelain with an impish grin on his face, he's
rarin' to go, dressed in his own Harley-Davidson-(R) style leather vest and bandana. He's grabbed the keys, and won't let go -- because it's never too early to imagine yourself on a Harley-Davidson (R) motorcycle.

>Bring this newest Harley (R) "model" into your home today. Just $110,
payable in convenient monthly installments [of $22 each month over 5 months -- what's the implied interest rate?] ....

[ I can't see any tatoos on the picture of the doll. ]

Jim Devine jdevine at popmail.lmu.edu & http://clawww.lmu.edu/Departments/ECON/jdevine.html