la revolution

Carrol Cox cbcox at mail.ilstu.edu
Sun Aug 23 12:21:43 PDT 1998

Louis Proyect wrote:

> James Withrow:
[SNIP]>
> Oh great, an ignorant racist and reactionary on LBO-Talk. Doug takes a
weekend off and we have to put up with this kind of Rush Limbaugh trash. I don't know why he doesn't come out and say what he really must believe: that ghetto residents are a bunch of fat n----ers. <

Lou, remember, Withrow is the one who has some mystic knowledge of Mumia's guilt, dismissing the need for anything so silly as a fair trial as a condition for such knowledge. So you can't blame it on Doug's absence, it's just part of the unavoidable minimum of noise on any list.

I've been deleting him since his post on Mumia but happened to read his latest and (in a post primarily concerned with another topic) have already flamed him as an illustration that as Gandhi suggested, "Western Civilization" might be a good idea. I suggest everyone simply ignore him. (Remember, his was the case I suggested could stand as a metaphor for a potential practical problem in a party not exercising the power to expel members.)

Carrol