Khartoum sweet factory hit.

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Mon Aug 24 11:40:46 PDT 1998

At 08:07 AM 8/24/98 -0700, you wrote:
>It's "classified." Don't you trust your government?
>
>At 09:32 AM 8/24/1998 -0400, Carl Remick wrote:
>>Re Chris Burford's: "The US government appears still to have published
>>no reasons for declaring the pharmaceutical factory that they hit, a
>>site for manufacturing VX (sp?)
>>agent."
>>
>>Here it is, Monday morning -- I'm STILL waiting to learn of real
>>evidence that factory was making a precursor for the VX nerve agent.
>>The U.S. hasn't even identified the precursor that was supposedly being
>>made.

IMHO, the devil is not the absence or presence of 'classified' evidence but in semantics. What exactly is the "precursor for the VX nerve agent"? Could it be a chemical that could be used in the nerve agent manufacturing, but is also used in the production of other substances that have no military application?

Regards,

Wojtek