Fwd: Labor Defense Network

james withrow withrow21 at webtv.net
Mon Aug 24 17:20:24 PDT 1998

I thought I'd pass along this good news in international labor organizing from a recent post from the Campaign for Labor Rights. The entire post is attatched to give folks a chance to subscribe to CLR if they don't already.

"Speaking of changes, consider what has happened in Nicaragua in the past two years. Nicaragua now leads the region in free trade zone union organizing. So far, there are officially recognized unions in four factories, with bargained contracts in at least two of them. Organizing continues in other factories in the free trade zone."

James

-------------- next part -------------- An embedded message was scrubbed... From: Campaign for Labor Rights <clr at igc.apc.org> Subject: Labor Defense Network Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:47:13 -0700 (PDT) Size: 6253 URL: <../attachments/19980824/29d7de61/attachment.eml>