throttling back

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Mon Aug 24 20:08:22 PDT 1998

>I set the daily posting limit back to 3. You can have too much even of a
>good thing.
>
>Doug

I see your 3 and raise you 2. But seriously, I read with interest your editorial in The Nation, "The Bull's Sour 16". I have a dumb question: who does the U.S. owe $1.8 trillion? Japan, mostly? Couldn't they call in their chits in order to help themselves out of the mire? The U.N.? Don't we ignore them anyway?

What do you think of Cockburn/Brenner's analysis that the boom has depended partly upon a decade-long devaluation of the dollar against the yen and deutsche mark? Anybody else?

Peter