The Social Security Debate continued

Carrol Cox cbcox at mail.ilstu.edu
Wed Aug 26 11:15:26 PDT 1998

Gar W. Lipow wrote:

> I want to take issue with the political realism of one point you
> raised, and suggest an alternative -- basically to remove the
> nuttiness of Carrolls point and examine a sane version of the basic
> idea.

My concern in that post, of course, was not to present a technically practical program for social security but to develop a set of points about political strategy. Gar's post turns out to be a marvellous confirmation that even as mail list tactic, tactical nuttiness is far more sensible. My post has now provoked from Gar a really first rate outline of a programmatic thesis for those struggling to save Social Security.

Good work, Gar.

Carrol