First world prosperity

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Aug 26 15:05:06 PDT 1998

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Brad De Long wrote:

> But it's very, very, very difficult to make a serious argument that the
> elimination of imperialism today would be noticed by first-world
> consumers...

So that the unpayable $2 trillion in hard currency debt which the globally imperialized owe to the global imperializers, plus all those factories the Fortune 1000 has built in China, Indonesia, Mexico and elsewhere, are just a figment of our imaginations, huh? Whew -- had me worried there for a second!

-- Dennis