Answer Doug. Re: First world prosperity

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Wed Aug 26 18:05:22 PDT 1998

At 06:56 PM 8/26/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Brad De Long wrote:
>
>>No. You are not. You can argue that much of sixteenth-century Spanish, much
>>of seventeenth-century Dutch, some of eighteenth-century British, and some
>>of early nineteenth-century white southerner prosperity is based on
>>imperialist plunder.
>>
>>But it's very, very, very difficult to make a serious argument that the
>>elimination of imperialism today would be noticed by first-world
>>consumers...
>
>Brad, why do you think the U.S. has consistently gone to war, overthrown
>governments, killed leaders, run death squads, spread disinformation, etc.
>etc., if the imperial contribution were so minor?
>
>Doug
Ah Doug,

perhaps you are being too polite but let me answer for young De Long

What wars?

What overthrows?

what assasinations?

What death squads?

What disinformation?

You seem to me some kind of commie Doug. Haven't you watched any Hollywood movies? Get out _A Few Good Men_ and see where Demi Moore talks of the men who "stand on the wall and say nothing will hurt you - not on my shift." she is talking of that extremely dangerous country Cuba where something like 2000 million people have been killed by Marxists. Isn't that right Brad?

regards

Gary