Brad

James Devine jdevine at popmail.lmu.edu
Thu Aug 27 08:47:33 PDT 1998

Brett writes: >How else can you explain our invasion of Granada? I'd wager most people in the US were not even cognizant of its existence before we invaded it. And why should they? Its an insignificant speck on the map, with zero military or economic importance. But this episode underscores how seriously our gov't takes the domino effect - even GRANADA has to cowtow to US investors and multinationals.<

right. But the timing of the invasion may be explained by Reagan's need to distact us from the killing of a couple hundred (?) marines in Lebanon a day or two before.

Jim Devine jdevine at popmail.lmu.edu & http://clawww.lmu.edu/Departments/ECON/jdevine.html