Brazil next?

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Thu Aug 27 12:00:44 PDT 1998

Re Doug's quote from TheStreet.com: "Russia is metamorphosing back into a Soviet state. The question now is whether the panic gripping world markets is going to push Brazil back into the hyperinflationary chaos of the eighties. Signs suggest yes. The Dow may be down 300 points today, but a Brazil debacle will make that drop look benign. ... If the Real Plan collapses, so would the rest of Latin America. Then, the emerging market crisis, once seemingly far away, will begin to bulldoze our own backyard."

Is it time to wake Max "Markets Will Fluctuate" Sawicky yet, or am I still being alarmist?

Carl Remick