New web site, practical, useful for progressives

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 27 13:38:38 PDT 1998

Hello everyone,

Gar Lipow set up a petition site which I looked at with "lynx". Thanks for the effort Gar. I landed on the link to the table site, could get there no trouble. I'm sighted. So when I got there I got a little confused and navigated off into an area without reading how to deal with password and authorization. My wife would be more careful, since she has to screen read with voice. Anyhow, I thought the layout was not confusing either visually or with voice. I was using an old lynx.

As you may know Gar setting up two different parallel sites with frames and no frames with the same content invites that one site gets less attention than the other because the work load increases to upkeep the site. This seperate but equal quality to access for visually disabled people is I think the result of Gates and others in the software industry setting up the usual second class citizenship for disabled people. I mean why can't the technical problems of navigating in frames be solved by the big corporations. The method they use, is to fob off development of access to smaller vendors, and expect people to make sites accessible as you have. Just a little comment.

Side note to Carrol Cox. Thanks for the advice and your point about skipping spaces between paragraphs. I believe you are absolutely right. The blank lines in the e-mail format make things much more readable. Your remark was very much appreciated. Any other remarks about format concerning my writing will be welcomed.

regards, Doyle Saylor