Cuba's Destiny

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Fri Aug 28 00:59:51 PDT 1998

Dennis R Redmond wrote:
>why are you hounding
> Rakesh for pointing out that Cuba wasn't lucky enough to be the next
> Finland?

I'm hounding Rakesh for being (on the question of embattled prole garrisons generally) a trifle sanctimonious. This is without prejudice to my respect for his colossal intellect. Why is it that the colossal intellects usually are the most easily led by the nose into the arms of the anti-communist right? I hope that is not his fate. If I didn't care tho I wouldn't be so irritated by him just now. I do care, Rakesh. We particularly need YOU.

>More to the point, what's *your* program for helping to turn Cuba
> into the next Finland,

Finland is a country of drunks. Sometimes they stack them up just like logs outside a sawmill. Who wants to be like the Finns? The ceilings in their saunas are too low as is the heat inside, and this also makes them irritable.

> Incidentally, hasn't the whole Wall Street swoon been just delicious? I
> issued my first-ever "sell" recommendation on my Website

You're a cyber-broker? Woooow.

earlier this
> It's a bird, it's a plane... it's a Goldman
> Sachs partner! (*Splat*). Whoops, another parachute which
> should've been denominated in euros.

Comes of trying to swap parachutes in mid-leap (wish I'd been the first to say that).

Mark