The Doctrine of Inevitability

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at primenet.com
Mon Aug 31 18:53:13 PDT 1998

Hello everyone,

Max you presuppose that the EU, US, and Japan will cooperate over injecting liquidity into their states to get the economies moving. Japan has been dragging its feet and continues to. Might it be in their interest to watch the US go down the drain? Etc. in terms of competition between the continental powers?

Max: "There is clearly a narrow interest in deflationism, by and large, but it is not obvious to me why such an interest must assert itself in the face of increasingly obvious threats to social stability."

Doyle Isn't Greenspans policies, and IMF policies deflationary? Then what makes this narrow? Wouldn't Greenspan injecting liquidity mean panic? How about the 60 trillion dollars in derivatives which would be involved in a system wide melt down? The press has been saying it will take months to know the scale of losses based upon derivative trades?

Max: "I would think that any Marxist doctrine of inevitability would offer more compelling factors which would certainly foster ideological rationales but more important, convey some bundle of economic and/or financial imperatives to the guys in charge."

Doyle The usual term for Marxist who believe in the inevitability of predicting something economically is "Vulgar Marxist".

Doyle Also I didn't know you carried a gun, and was a quick shot. regards, Doyle