FT's magnanimous solution!

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Mon Aug 31 22:58:54 PDT 1998

As I transfer jobs, I'm considering pulling the money out of my 401(k) plan in order to pay off the neighborhood loan shark so he won't break my legs. But seriously, now that the stock market seems like it's in decline, the probability that Clinton will be able to wreck Social Security the way he wrecked the welfare system declines as well.

Now that Clinton's libido has sabotaged the efforts of the Democrats to retake the House, there's a better chance that the "wise" electorate will send Gore to the White House to neutralize Speaker Livingston. Both will succumb to the pressures for protectionism and then, late at night courtesy President Gore, we can all watch mother Gaia and the fireworks on TV.

Apologies in advance for the parliamentarian talk.

regards, Peter - sitting in yoga position, chanting "'87, '87, '87..."