Richard Dawkins: Favorite Book (fwd)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Dec 1 06:40:50 PST 1998

Frances Bolton (PHI) wrote:

>Asshole Norm Levitt sent this to a list I'm on. I particularly like the
>way Dawkins shows his complete ignorance of Lacan by talking about "erect
>penises" instead of "the phallus."

Hey, but who needs to know anything about Lacan when Sokal has proven - beyond the shadow of a doubt! - that he couldn't tell an imaginary number from his maternal imago?!?! And why worry about something as intangible and elusive as The Phallus when you can fumble around and find your heroically or potentially erect penis any time of the day or night (oh yeah, unless you're one of the tragically unpenised)?!?!

Doug