statistical fallacy of ageing population

Patrick Bond pbond at wn.apc.org
Tue Dec 1 23:03:42 PST 1998

> Go easy on Larry. Remember the papers that he and I wrote late in the 1980s
> supporting a Tobin Tax...
>
> Brad DeLong

No, sorry, we won't, he's just too appealing a target.

A decade is a long time. Why is that today he gives the impression -- along with Rubin, Camdessus, Fischer, etc -- of working essentially to keep the deregulated financial world from undergoing any structural change or serious work-out. Why is that he still keeps dumping loads of toxic financial waste on the rest of us? Is the economic logic that impeccable?

Patrick