servants

John Kawakami johnk at cyberjava.com
Wed Dec 2 11:38:39 PST 1998

I sometimes read those "home office" magazines when they have lists of "growing markets for the future", and lately, they've been listing various "servant" type jobs as growth markets: personal assistant/shopper, cleaning services, child care. Of course, they're talking about being a pimp for a stable of personal assistants, but you get the idea.

Already, you can get maid service for $40 a session. They advertise in these ad sheets sent to apartment complexes. These people are not rich, by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm supposed to be hunting for apartments and pimping out my roommate to the Man (job hunting) today. I'm being paid a fee. I'm a servant. Both these people can or will be able to afford my low fees. How about that?

John Kawakami johnk at cyberjava.com URL of the moment -- http://www.riceball.com/quote