"My fellow Americans....I feel your pain."

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 2 22:28:56 PST 1998

Sam:

I am over my 3 posts daily limit, so please forgive the direct mail. You Canadians have an advantage over us Asians. Seriously, that was not Delong's point. I think he was saying that if you guys make a fuss on things like that, you may end up getting a Republican in the White House, and with Congress is already under GOP control, etc, etc. What's a little haircut on AF1 with a bj to go compare to the nation's or was it the people's business! Its the "our bastard is better than their bastard" argument, but I want to hear Delong say it publicly. To me, Delong personifies a new breed of the Quiet American, more deadly the the early Vietnam War variety. The old wanted to save Asia with Democracy, the new breed wants to save Asia with market capitalism. The old is based on dubious ideology and the new breed on voodoo economics. You can answer if you wish through lbo, if you have not used up you 3 posts.

Henry C.K. Liu