LBO McD article

Tom Kruse tkruse at albatros.cnb.net
Thu Dec 3 10:49:29 PST 1998

Dear Liza and Doug:

More kudos for the McD piece. McDs exist in Bolivia; the first in Cochabamba is about to open -- a hidous thing with play area, and a HUGE sign that belongs along I-80, not the Avenida Ballivian.

On the basis of the LBO piece, we're organizing a little media thing on unionization to coincide with the opening. McD Hype is so big right now though that most folks think any harsh words towards McDs are just unrecycled anachronists liefitst bitterness. when the first McD opened in La Paz it was front page news, accolades from the press corps, and a Bishop sprinkling holy water on yellow plastic siding. Ugh.

Tom

Tom Kruse Casilla 5812 / Cochabamba, Bolivia Tel/Fax: (591-4) 248242 Email: tkruse at albatros.cnb.net