McDonalds question

Tom Kruse tkruse at albatros.cnb.net
Mon Dec 7 04:54:27 PST 1998

Dear Listmembers:

The frist McDonalds in Cochabamba, Bolivia is to open on Friday. We are preparing a protest of sorts. I am writing for help in putting together info. I have the piece by Liza Featherstonein LBO 86, a couple of list posts, but nothing else.

I would greatly appreciate ANY critical infomration on McDs, especially profitability, business and labor practices.

Also, I vaguely remember The Economist did a Big Mac index, which compared the cost of Big Macs the world over, as a sort of globalized index of costs/values. Does anyone have the citation? We would like to see where Bolivia stands on the global Big Mac index.

Many thanks!

Tom

Tom Kruse Casilla 5812 / Cochabamba, Bolivia Tel/Fax: (591-4) 248242 Email: tkruse at albatros.cnb.net