McDonalds question

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 7 07:23:00 PST 1998

Tom Kruse wrote:

>I vaguely remember The Economist did a Big Mac index, which compared
>the cost of Big Macs the world over, as a sort of globalized index of
>costs/values.

The Economist's web archive says the most recent article on their Big Mac index was April 28, 1998. Unfortunately they just have the text of the article and not the table, and the article doesn't mention Bolivia.

They claim there's a 10-year history of the index at <http://www.economist.com/archive/index_Big_Mac.html>, but I get "server error" messages when I try to load it. You have to be a subscriber to get into the archive, or so they say, but I am, and I can't right now.

Doug