I heart Brad Pitt (Re: Reading Judy)

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Wed Dec 9 03:20:15 PST 1998

G'day Snit'n'Ange,

>> Well I just like the fly fishing in A River Runs Through. Oh and in 12
>> Monkeys he didn't seem the least bit stupid, Frances. I try rilly rilly
>> hard not to stereotype these buoys. I'd still like to look like him--then
>> I could have all the grrRls and buoys I ever wanted, ey?

Doesn't work that way, Snit! I know my impressions on this are not the slightest dialectical, but they are the product of thirty years of intense interest in the field. I reckon a pretty woman is attractive to the vast majority of men. A pretty (handsome, whatever) man can hope for no more than to appeal to a larger minority of women than his fellows.

Never met a bloke who didn't think Marilyn Monroe cut the mustard (although I'm a devoted Emma Peel man meself). Come to think of it, can't remember a dissenting woman either (where-in, I guess, lies some support for your aspirations).

Yet, I respectfully submit, no one man's visage has so filled the lonely nights of three generations of women.

Is this (a) wrong (b) natural (c) cultural (d) other?

I've always wondered ... Rob.