Reading Judy .. Judith wouldn't like it

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 9 06:51:50 PST 1998

Well, maybe Judith wouldn't like it (Judy) but I would say that, from reading her, she might support 'playing on and playing out' such diminuitives as mode of performative identity politics--reclaiming the name: as in We're Here, We're Queer, get used to it, as in grrRl and third wave feminism where it's okay and encouraged for women to call each other babe, chic, bitch, etc. Anyway, she probably wouldn't like it because of the fanzine devoted to her Judy! which caused her some problems as I recall. Don't remember the details, though, does anyone?