Women We Love: Gina Gershon

rc&am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Wed Dec 9 22:31:04 PST 1998

Alex LoCascio wrote:

> Before somebody chastises me for being part of the male capitalist
> heterosexual patriarchy, let me say in my defense that I probably
> wouldn't even read Esquire if not for the fact that my brother picks it
> up occasionally.

alex, this has got to be one of the funniest (and lame) attempts to get away with it...

> You'll want a strong pair of shoulders that you can
> get behind, an avenging angel who will keep the Tank Girls and Mary Dalys
> of this earth off your sorry Y-chromosome ass.

this is interesting. tank girl and mary daly? valerie solanas maybe, but tank girl is just ... well... too girly, and daly... even i would run screaming from the liturgical punster, though i don't think she would be all that threatening. so gershon is okay becasue, presumably, she's 'one of the lads'? interesting. well, not really.

best,

angela