percentage of transportation cost?

David Powers chromo at sirius.com
Sat Dec 12 00:19:53 PST 1998

Hi ... I've been staring at the "work detail" graph in LBO #86. I'm a transportation activist in San Francisco, and I'm wondering, this climb in hours needed for median income seems to coincide with increased car trips in the usa, and increased car ownership.

I won't and don't isolate that as a cause of the work increase but I'd like to somehow find out how much of an effect greater individual transportation costs had on the cost of living, over the period of the chart (47-97).

How can I do that?

/ dtp /

-- David Powers .. chromo at sirius.com .. fax 01 415 436.9141

need a bike flyer? <http://www.sirius.com/~chromo/screed/> --