Fascist Music

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 13 13:50:30 PST 1998

> Also, shouldn't one consider the mechanical
> reproduction, through which music is consumed most often? Then the
> question of loudness is up to the listener.
>
> Just a few thoughts from a fellow musician.
>
> -Alec

Alec:

Beng only a consumer of music rather than a muscian, I am only qualified to listen. I think what Daniel meant was that some music was intended for the listener to tune up the volume even in reproduction mode in order to get its full effect. To listen to hard rock without the volume is like going to see paintings with sun glasses on, because I think hard rock requires total immersion. Am I correct?

Henry C.K. Liu