fwd: Re: [PEN-L:1593] George Kennan

Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu
Wed Dec 16 11:14:36 PST 1998

--- Begin Forwarded Message --- Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:20:06 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time) From: "Rosser Jr, John Barkley" <rosserjb at jmu.edu> Subject: Re: [PEN-L:1593] George Kennan Sender: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com To: pen-l at galaxy.csuchico.edu Cc: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com, marxism at lists.panix.com, pen-l at galaxy.csuchico.edu Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Message-ID: <SIMEON.9812161106.A at rosserjb-7958.jmu.edu>

I don't know if this posting was triggered by it, but on the editorial page of today's Washington Post, Kennan has a column in which he recalls opposing the development of the hydrogen bomb along with Robert Oppenheimer and praising the questions raised by the new German government regarding the "first use" doctrine of NATO with respect to nuclear weapons. I note that Germany's new Foreign Minister is Joschka Fischer, a Green Party member. Barkley Roser On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:01:56 -0500 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

-- Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu

--- End Forwarded Message ---

-- Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu