another hit on Mike Davis

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Wed Dec 16 14:28:57 PST 1998

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Tom Lehman wrote:

> Dear Doug,
>
> Yep'er, Mike Davis has a lot of people scared! The next major natural disaster
> involving building failure or poorly planned infrastructure from an
> environmental perspective and Davis can say, I told you so.
>
> Your email pal,
> Tom L.

I read somewhere recently that one of Tom's neighbors in Cleveland, Lincoln Electric Corp, the worlds largest (but not best -- Miller pipeliners rule!) maker of welding equipment, has got a bit of a problem out West. It seems that they pushed a new welding product that was used in steel frame buildings in CA, but the welds don't hold up well in earthquakes. Now they want the Feds to pay to retrofit these buildings. I think I read this in ConterPunch, but I can check if anybody cares.

Ah yes, privatize the profits, socialize the losses. And the beat goes on...

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com