Please don't bomb Iraq

C. Petersen ottilie at u.washington.edu
Wed Dec 16 17:37:36 PST 1998

> I had expected a rush of letters from the USA opposing the bombing that has
> been going on for two hours now. There are only a couple. It poses the
> question of what is the basis of campaigning for peace now.

Is there any way in which Saddam Hussein would be benefitted by having Clinton in power? He had to know how convenient this would be for Clinton, and he did in fact choose to mess with the inspectors precisely 1-2 days before the impeachment hearings, and these republican senators are on the television saying the phrase 'support our troops' about 4 times per thirty seconds, and clearly couldn't dare mess with Clinton right now. It gives the moderate republicans a big out.