Iraqi Mystery Theatre, Old Jews, Newtie, Cat House, & the Old South

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 19 14:38:14 PST 1998

greetings ya'll,

Thanks to a continueing back saga, I get to play today, so can catch up on whatls going on in lbo-world. Silver-linings are a few of my favorite thingssssss

Hey>I wish that the Iraqi propagandists would make more of the connection.
>Perhaps they should give Monica honorary citizenship, or all start
>wearing Monica T-Shirts on tv, or perhaps 'make love not war, Bill' T-
>shirts.

Now this is a good idea. Something the public would identify with that would"humanize" the victims. Someone at work said they heard of a Russian appealing to Monica to talk to Bill. Anyone heard about this?

(does anyone know why the space bar sometimes erases a letter instead of moveing it forward? I hate when this happens, you can't edit or anything)

Say, kids, let's put on a big show, to save the American Way! We could dance and sing and make a lot of money. So whatdaya say!

You say Eye-raq I say E-raq You say Air-rab I say Aa-rab Eye-raq, E-raq, Air-rab, Aa-rab, Let's blow the towel heads up.

You say BP I say Mobil They want their homes We want their oil BP, Mobil We need That oil. Let's blow the towel heads up.

Just remember the times when everything was grand. Pith helmuts were in, Saddamn had no sin, And we danced in moonlight with The Shah of Iran.

We said embargo But how could we know That oil could burn Yet the prices could plunge so

Embargo Till we know How profits can surge, Oh, let's blow the towel heads up.

**************

>>Take my word for it. One day I'll be a >wise old Jew. > >MBS >

Maxie, I bet you were a wise old Jew at six.

As far as Tom's comments, they made me think of a moment, during the Rubin/Greenspan song and dance before congress, when it suddenly occurred to me that both these guys were Jewish, and darn, wouldn't that be positive reinforcement to the cabel crowd.

I love when people bust stereotypes, except when it goes against my interest, like gays who are bad tippers, but as a waitress, especially on Thursday nights at the Colonnade, (do Jewish people have an official eating out night for some reason? BTW, do not leave Atlanta without eating there, I've spelled it wrong I think, it's on Cheshire Bridge Rd.) I noticed stereotypical behavior that was positive stuff, that I've sort of assumed allowed Jews to thrive, and excite envy, whether it lead them down a reactionary or a radical path. Off hand, it seems that though many people treasure there children, education, eat healthy, etc, these behaviors are more concentrated among the Jewish dining public. The healthy eating habits were way before the current trends. Everything is on the fucking side.

When I was exiled in Ft.Lauderdale for 11 months, another cool thing I noticed about Jewish retirees, even thoses of more moderate means, was that the women just give up cooking in later life and are probably the creative source of the Early Bird Specials that plague south Florida capitalists and wait-persons alike.

******************

Speaking of personal responsibility, I didn't catch any Dems making a big deal of the fact that even our pre-amphibian Newt didn't want anything to do with the impeachment fiasco. Did anyone else? Gephardt's speech was sooooo bad...and it wasn't just the delivery.

Has anyone made public hay of the fact that Newt, who's still on the payroll, I presume, just doesn't feel like going to work.

One piece of silver lining, a big chunk of Newt support will be pissed when they lose their jobs at Lockheed. NPR said the Cobb County facility has been a unremoveable thorn in the company's side, but that now that Nunn and Newt were gone, the axe would fall.

*************

Cathy, thanks for comments. I'd love to hear more about how your system is hangin'.

I once saw a great documentary about the fight for the Equal Rights part of C. constitution. I especially remember one lovely confrontation, so telling, so typical, when those Big Cigars couldn't have their way, it quickly degenerated to simple bullying and physicalintimidation. The polite games quickly fall

away when someone else might be the winner. Which may be the best reason to defend Clinton. Every once in awhile, their rules protect us from them, by accident, I guess. I often wonder if even more folks would be murdered and maimed, without Christianity. Some folks are less dangerous on opium.

The Cat situation is tense. Gracie wants out, and the cats want her out too. Lot's of late night yowling. But the foot is healing. Though I usually adore the cats, who amuse me greatly, I am over them for now, martyred nursemaid if not my style. Not in this decade, anyway.

smooches Paula

Oh yea,

>>Atlanta is now a centre of high technology, not the home of the deep South.
>>Tobacco is old industrial capitalism, like absbestos.

Having never lived in even a vaguely progressive place, since I left Mass. in the fourth grade, I have nothing to compare, but bowing to Randy Newman's perhaps more worldly vision, I've wondered over the years, about northern condescension....

"We talk real funny down here, We drink too much We laugh too loud. We're too dumb to make it in no northern town We're keepin the n-words down.."

It would be interesting to read about the forces that moderated some of the most blatent forces of yahoo-ism, which seem pretty prominent in the shadows of northern enlightenment.